Wednesday, November 3, 2010

half the time i don't even know what words to say
i dont know where i am going
or what im doing.

i dont know how things will turn out
or what my next move is going to be.

forgetting
leaving
and pretending
nothing was wrong

it's not ok

you can't bury things
you can't hide them
and you can't pretend they never happened

because one day it comes up
and you won't be able to run.

facing it. and defeating it.
thats the only way it will go away.

you can either burn something, or you can bury it

 i'm going to burn it.
every hard thing i've ever buried.

I am going to overcome
the things that used to overcome me


3 comments:

  1. I found this quote once, and I liked it so I thought I'd share it with you on your post.

    “Self-acceptance comes from meeting life's challenges vigorously. Don't numb yourself to your trials and difficulties, nor build mental walls to exclude pain from your life. You will find peace not by trying to escape your problems, but by confronting them courageously. You will find peace not in denial, but in victory.” - J. Donald Walters

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweetie, are you OK?? Call me if you need anything!! XOXOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. wonderful post :)
    i remember one time it was the middle of the night and we were spilling the kind of things that generally stay bottled.
    i told you bottling isn't good
    i don't remember what you said but i'm so happy you're starting to work through things

    ReplyDelete

Listen to Smile Today


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones