Monday, March 15, 2010

Day one--FIghting the battle: No cover up

Last night: i decided i would no longer let
my skin bother me..it knew it would be hard.
and right now I'm still self conscious.
but today i took the first step to completely
obliterate and destroy the one thing that brings
down my self esteem.

Truth: i didn't wear any cover up at all today

naked skin.

I made sure i was very cute to compensate for the lack
of perfection on my skin. I had a dress on. purple. black shrug.
flower pinning my shrug together in the front. and high heels
curled wavy
hair. and eye makeup that was done just right.

When i looked in the mirror i told me self: You are beautiful.
I knew: i am beautiful. My skin is going to heal.
and i will no longer suffocate it with cover up.

I walked into my first class: fear.
What are people going to think.
I feel naked.
Am i pretty despite my skin?

Answer: yes i am. god does not make ugly children.

Beauty comes with every skin type. shape. size. and look.
Society tells us what we should look like and what is beautiful.
Now its my turn to determine what is beautiful. not society.

I DARE TO BE DIFFERENT**I DARE TO TELL THE WORLD WHAT BEAUTIFUL IS.
EVERY GIRL NO MATTER HER AGE IS BEAUTIFUL DESPITE
SIZE OR SKIN. BEAUTY IS IN EVERYONE. I DARE TO QUESTION SOCIETY.

God does not make ugly children. Look in the mirror and KNOW you are beautiful.

Day one: success. Five people told me i was pretty.

Fact: I will win this battle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Smile Today


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones