Sunday, April 11, 2010

Talents

So the other day i was feeling slightly down.
i was thinking about how talented the people i know are.
My brother is musical genius and has the most beautiful voice.
My bestest friends have amazing talents as well.
Singing
writing music
playing piano
yoga
photography
art.
fashion
sewing
dance.

The list goes on and on. and i thought to myself what are my talents?

i can sing but im not a prodigy.
i can't play piano but i wish i could.
i don't have an eye for perfect pictures
and i am not a big yogi.
I dont sew or design...

All i could think of were things i couldn't do.
when i think of talents i think of the obvious ones.
talents like music
being smart
artsy.
stuff like that and i i don't have that.

Once upon a time i was really good at playing the flute.
like really good. but i didn't have passion..so i slowly stopped playing.

I was an amazing gymnast but in fifth grade i quit because i didn't have friends there at my gym. And i got laughed at once when i forgot part of my routine..

I feel like i've wasted two talents i was given. Mostly though,i feel like i've
wasted my gymnastics talent because i did love that.

But why are we sometimes given a talent for something were don't have passion for..
i don't understand. i liked flute well enough, but i didn't love it.
maybe i should have just stuck with it. maybe i didnt give it a chance.
I'm not really sure..

But i realized something, i do have talents even though they're not the obvious ones.
I am:
a good listener
a good friend
i forgive easily
i love to learn
i am very aware of others feelings.
i am a helper
i can be a support to those who need it.
i can say what needs to be said
i write poems
i write stories
i am trustworthy.
i am kind
i am excepting.

Maybe these talents don't scream out to everyone like other talents do.
But they are still talents and even though i can't show off or say look what i can do, they are still talents. And i should be grateful i have them. And maybe i can work on developing a few scream out loud talents. I was told i have many talents beyond compare, but i had trouble seeing them, now i see a few and along the road of life i will find more.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Listen to Smile Today


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones